WHAT IS SUMMER ADVENTURE DAY CAMPS?
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN SUMMER ADVENTURE DAY CAMPS?
Summer Adventure Day Camps is designed for children & youth ages 5-14. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 precautions, limited space is available. (15 participants only)
HOW WILL YOU REGULATE 15 PARTICIPANTS ONLY?
Because limited space is available, the first 15 registrations, with completed forms and payment received, will have secured spots. As each week fills up, we will ensure a “wait list” is created for that particular week should a participants registration be cancelled.
WHERE IS SUMMER ADVENTURE DAY CAMPS HELD?
Summer Adventure Day Camps is held primarily at the Club located at 1301-104th Street North Battleford, SK S9A 1N9. Participants will spend most of the day outdoors if weather permits. In previous years, participants would enjoy one field trip every week to a location outside of the Club. Unfortunately due to COVID-19, field trips have been cancelled.
WHAT DOES SUMMER ADVENTURE DAY CAMPS COST?
Although we will see increased costs to operate, this year we are offering our Summer Adventure Day Camps at a slightly reduced weekly rate of $120.00. We made this decision knowing the financial impact COVID-19 has had on many, combined with the fact we have cancelled our weekly field trips.
WHEN IS SUMMER ADVENTURE DAY CAMPS HELD?
WEEK 1 – July 6th-10th ($120)
WEEK 2 – July 13th-17th ($120)
WEEK 3 – July 20th-24th ($120)
WEEK 4 – July 27th-31st ($120)
WEEK 5 – August 4th-7th ($100 -reduced rate due to Statutory Holiday)
WEEK 6 – August 10th-14th ($120) *waiting list only*
WEEK 7 – August 17th-21st ($120) *waiting list only*
*Please note that we are closed August 24th-28th, 2020 to train our Program Staff for school year programming.
Cancellations and changes to the signed agreements, MUST be made by Monday at 12:00pm (noon) prior to the week requiring change/cancellation. Failure to do so will result in fees charged even if camp is not attended. Due to the restricted spots available, there will be zero exceptions to the policy. We ask that you please respect the spot you have reserved and cancel as soon as possible so another participant can have the opportunity to enjoy our camps.
HOW ARE YOU COMPLYING WITH COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS?
- 15 children will be registered and able to attend camps (that is our daily maximum).
- Pick ups and drop offs will take place at our entrance on 104th street, no exceptions.
- Parents are NOT permitted inside our building.
- Health screening will be done prior to camp entry and will include a questionnaire (to be completed by parent/guardian) as well as temperature check for each member.
- Regular hand washing for both members and staff will be mandatory.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided when soap and water is not available.
- Food prep, handling and serving will be done by one designated staff member and additional precautionary measures will be taken.
- Sharing of food and drink will NOT be allowed.
- Increased sanitization and cleaning within the building has already begun and will continue.
- Parents/guardians must assess their child daily for symptoms of the common cold, influenza, COVID-19 or other infectious respiratory diseases before sending them to camp.
- Children who are ill are not permitted to attend camp.
- All parents, guardians, children and staff who are under mandatory self-isolation are NOT permitted into our facility.
- If a member develops symptoms at camp, the member will be isolated from other members and the parent/guardian will be notified to pick up the member IMMEDIATELY.
- If a parent/guardian is unsure if they or a child should self-isolate, they will be directed to use the online Saskatchewan COVID-19 self-assessment tool or contact HealthLine 811 prior to attending our building.
- Each child MUST have their own sunscreen, bug spray, swim suit, towel, water bottle (water fountains are closed), hat, indoor shoes and a change of clothing.
- Aqua socks/water shoes are STRONGLY encouraged for use at our Splash Park.
- We will NOT be providing swim suites and towels this year for our participants.
- We ask parents/guardians to avoid sending additional items with their child(ren) to camp.