WHO WE ARE…
The Battlefords Boys & Girls Club is a non-profit agency created to provide for the recreational, cultural, educational, and social needs of all children 6 – 14 years of age in our community.
We work to provide opportunities where children can socialize with one another in a safe and nurturing environment.
Not all young people have the same opportunities to flourish. Many youth do not have access to safe, constructive activities and positive guidance when they are outside of school. The Battlefords Boys & Girls Club provides children and youth affordable access to fun, enriching, programs and caring adults who support them to become healthy, responsible, compassionate, and competent individuals.
The Battlefords Boys and Girls Club was established in November 1976 and has been serving our community ever since.
The mission of all Boys and Girls Clubs in Canada is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life. Developing our children…Building our Future…a good place to be!
The Battlefords Boys & Girls Club is a member agency of the National Boys & Girls Club of Canada. We use the core values of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada to assist in decision making regarding programming and special events. The Battlefords Boys & Girls Club adheres to a code of ethical fundraising.
- Belonging -We welcome everyone in a safe, accepting environment based on belonging and positive relationships.
- Respect – We ensure that everyone-children, youth, families, volunteers,staff- is heard,respected, valued and treated fairly.
- Encouragement and Support – We encourage and support every child and youth to play, learn and grow to achieve their dreams.
- Working Together – We work together with young people, families,volunteers, our community and government.
- Speaking Out – We speak out with children, youth and families so that we can make our world better.
Why Boys Are Girls Clubs Are Needed:
- 69% of Alumni confirmed that the club “saved their life”
- 95% agreed that the Boys & Girls Club provided them with valuable skills
- 74% acknowledge that their involvement helped them avoid trouble with the law
- 89% strongly agree that the Boys & Girls Club of Canada is a trusted organization